Welcome

Welcome to Politics, History and the Politics of History - your insight into politics and history; at present and throughout history.

This is a new blog I am starting that I will hopefully run in tandem with Click, Tap and Type (my technology blog) and the revamped Politics, History and the Politics of History Podcast.

This first post is going to give you an idea over the sort of things that will be going on here and with the podcast - should it come to fruition. Let's get started.

Here are my primary aims for this website:

  1. I want to write comprehensive pieces I enjoy and that you, the reader, will enjoy. The sort of content I would like to post on this site can be split into four separate categories
    1. Factual pieces - this is where I hope to provide a bi-monthly breakdown of important political and historical news stories with a focus on facts. To do this, I will visit a range of sources and note down the key pieces of information that they all provide. For your peace of mind, I cite and name the sources I have used for each story of interest. I will then post a review, roughly every fifteen days, that I intend to keep free from bias and opinion
    2. Opinion pieces - this is where I will give my ten cents on a contemporary or historical issue. I will make it absolutely clear which pieces are fact, and which are opinion
    3. Guest pieces - these, much like number 2, will likely have a focus on opinion, though they will be written by guest writers who will be appropriately named
    4. Profiles - with this I plan on writing short, no-nonsense profiles on different political and historical figures that are highly relevant at the time of writing/publication. This may include historical figures with notable events that happened 'on this day in history' or political figures that are relevant now
  2. I would like to keep posting consistent, such as bi-monthly reviews or regular pieces every week. As I am currently studying a degree (Politics and International Relations), it is inevitable that I won't always be able to keep to this schedule, though I promise to try my best! This is why I would love the inclusion of guest writers - a change of opinion and pace, whilst helping me to keep the flow of content steady
  3. It is my hope that this becomes a long term project of mine as it is focusing on a plethora of issues and subjects that I am extremely passionate about. As a result, I do hope I can turn this hobby into something a little more professional and permanent
  4. Whilst the podcast is still up for debate, I would like to make it clear that it is my every intention to produce one that goes hand in hand with this website
  5. I want the content to be enjoyable - this means I may decide to steer clear of particularly harsh or controversial events. I do not want this page to become a one-sided bias mess of opinions. I am doing this for my enjoyment, first and foremost
  6. It would be brilliant if you, the avid reader, could get involved! To do so, simply message my brand new Instagram account especially for this website at @politics_of_history
I really hope everyone likes the content I plan to start producing. If you have any questions or comments, leave one at the bottom of this post or on Instagram.

Thank you so much for your support!

Comments